To be admitted for training to become a state-certified educator or state-certified curative education carer, the following (generally legal) requirements must be met:
- physical fitness for this type of work
- presentation of an extended police clearance certificate
- completion of secondary school or equivalent
- proof of professional experience by:
- having completed social assistant training
- having completed other relevant professional training of at least two years’ duration. Relevant professional training includes home economics, care, social education, educational and rehabilitative professions.
In addition to these access routes, there is the possibility of meeting the requirements by undertaking a two-year professional preparatory course, which must include working in a field of social pedagogy. An assessment test must also be taken.
The decision to offer a training place is guided by the results of the assessment test and the personal requirements for suitability for the career, which are assessed during an individual interview. We would be happy to take a look at your supporting documents before you apply and advise you. Please contact our college office.